- All hydraulic presses have been designed, engineered, and built throughout the years.
These machines are operated by a hydraulic cylinder, powered by compressed air.
- Each press is configured for a specific die set, which means the press has been built for a specific extrusion series and is intended to punch a specific hole.
- AGAM has 29 hydraulic punch presses which are currently operating. All hydraulic presses have been designed, engineered, and built throughout the years in AGAM’s in-house tool and die shop.
Mechanical presses have a constantly-rotating flywheel, which is a large circular piece of steel.
- When more force is required, mechanical punch presses are used. A clutch brings the ram to a stop at the same location repeatedly, delivering the punch force to the die set.
- A die set consists of a set of punches (male) and dies (female). When pressed together, these tools can cut holes in pieces, bend them, or both. AGAM builds and maintains its own dies.
- AGAM operates 5 mechanical punch presses, ranging from 2 to 25 tons.
Tool and Die Shop Video Gallery