- AGAM’s Design + Engineering team provides fully engineered solutions to customers and support for the fabrication specialists in the plant.
A Diverse Team of Designers Working Together.
AGAM has six designers on staff, each of them with a strong background in various fields of design. They support the project management teams, providing fully engineered solutions to customers and detailed fabrication drawings to production specialists in the plant.
AGAM designers have a large variety of design, engineering and modeling software available to achieve their tasks. Each of them attends industry education conference classes and keeps their skills to the highest level in this fast evolving field of expertise.
- SOLIDWORKS is a high performance design and engineering software and has become a standard platform for product development and manufacturing throughout the world.
- AGAM uses SolidWorks to engineer solutions for his customers, delivering an engineered solution at the time of estimating.
- Customers can then review such quotes and fully understand the solution offered and eventually discuss design options and cost alternates.
- AGAM also uses SolidWorks to engineer its own parts, such as a the design of a plastic end cap and the pertaining mold. Such design is then sent to the mold maker and the injection mold company which can make suggestions through the SOLIDWORKS model on items such as material flow, tool wear, product aspect, manufacturability and costs.
- AGAM uses AutoCAD as a basis for 2D and 3D drawings, whether for in-house work such as curves or for engineering and design support for customers.
- AGAM can provide efficient drawings in a half day or less for not too complex projects and engineering details when fabrication teams need supporting data.
- AGAM also designs tools and jigs on AutoCAD; a perfect example is a drilling jig for the VS76 Extrusion as shown above.
- With CAMWorks, we use each machine to the best feed rate, with safe processes and cost-effective programming alternatives.
With CAMWorks, our designers, production specialists and machinery work in concert together. Before a single machine operation is started, the software can calculate the maximum production speed, feed and path, the optimum bit size and depths of each operation.
TruTops Software Suite
AGAM programming systems optimize machine utilization, material yield, and reliability. Software delivers data instantly, we know what material to use, how long it will take and we can share with customers data such as turnaround time and costs with the highest reliability factor.
TruTops: Laser – Production Ready 3D Sheet Metal Designs
Three dimensional design ideas can be quickly translated into reality. AGAM’s designers are able to create realistic and practical designs minimizing rework, and offering alternate design solutions with minimal rework and delays.
TruTops Unfold: Data for Production
After design is approved, AGAM has the ability, through its unfold software, to produce 2D blanks from 3D designs. The software reverse engineers the factors such as metal thickness, radiuses, and automatically selects the tools and the process sequence
Such software optimizes tool selection and bending sequences. A detailed setup plan is automatically generated by the software, and then designer can run a simulator to validate the intended process, preventing collisions and detailing the work for the machine operator. For more information, see CNC Bender
With the Multilight feature – developed by Maxwell – the light intensity and color variations can be adjusted in real time without the need to re-render. AGAM’s designers use Maxwell Render through the plug-ins for SolidWorks and Autocad; this means that the rendering is directly integrated with a vector file – and the design that has been engineering is the design which is rendered.
When time is of the essence, when the render is approved, then the engineering background is there, ready to use and manufacturing can start immediately without going back to the drawing board.
3D Studio Max
We specifically use 3D Studio Max in the fields of Shading and Material Design, Texture assignment and editing and 3D modeling and texturing. Because 3D Studio Max is fully integrated with our technical drawings in formats such as AutoCad and SolidWorks, AGAM Industrial Designers can move back and forth from engineering specifications, design objectives and renderings – high resolution assets and complex, detailed files. Communication with Clients project teams is optimized and workflows are streamlined.